- Satara Mega Food Park is the first project of its kind in the state of Maharashtra
- Approved by Ministry of Food Processing, Goverment of India
- Located at Deogaon, Satarait is only 250 kms from NhavaSheva Port and is an ideal location for exports
- Satara Mega Food Park shall have state of the art infrastructure for food processing
- Companies with common amenities
- Central Processing Unit
- ETP & STP Plant
- Food Testing Laboratory
- Packaging Development
- Training Center
- Hostel and Residential accommodation
Farmers’ Economic Progress
- Auxiliary Business – SMFP will provide additional income opportunities eg: dairy farming, transportation, packaging, etc.
- Organic Farming – Organic farming is catching up on account of customer preferences in particular the export markets. It ensures quality products and increased value addition for food products
- Yield Improvement – Yield improvement by employing various ways like variety, agri inputs, etc. SMFP will create a dedicated team of 20 BSc Horticulturists to ensure success.
- Reduction in Wastage – Facilities in the Mega Food Park will reduce wastage losses substantiallythereby increasing income levels of farmers
- Direct Employment – An estimated 2,000 people will get direct employment in the Mega food park
- Indirect Employment – Around 10,000 people will get indirect employment on account of SMFP operations.
Proposed Food Processing Units
- Fruits (Strawberry, Mango, Pomegranate, Banana, Papaya, Sapota, Custard Apple, Guava, etc.)
- Fruit Pulp, Juice, Fruit Candies, Syrup, etc.
- Vegetables (Tomato, Potato, Brinjal, Green Peas, Onion, etc.)
- Tomato Paste, sauces, etc. – Fresh and assorted vegetable
- Ready to eat and Ready to cook vegetable curries
- Bakery Products (Wheat flour and other cereals)
- Breads, Cookies, Biscuits & Cakes
- Spices (Turmeric, Ginger, Chili, etc.)
- Spice powder
- Oleoresins like flavors, essence, oils, etc.
- Milk and Milk products
- Cheese, Butter, Yoghurt & Ice cream
- The region of Satara has ready availability of all kinds of fruits like Strawberries, Mangoes, Pomegranates, Grapes, Oranges, Bananas etc.
- Satara Mega food park shall have 4 primary processing centers for the collection of locally grown fruits and vegetables.